The Catholic Women’s League of Canada was organized nationally on June 17, 1920 and granted federal incorporation on December 12, 1923. The Catholic Women’s League is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops as a lay association and is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations.
The League’s mission is to call "its members to grow in faith, and to witness to the love of God through ministry and service." Its core values are faith, service and social justice. The Catholic Women’s League of Canada continues to be a respected advocate at all government levels. Our patroness is Our Lady of Good Counsel.
The ladies of the parish met at St. Christopher Catholic School on September 7, 1958 to form St. Mary’s CWL counsel. The first meeting in the hall was held on January 3, 1959 with President Moira Atherfold, and Spiritual Advisor Father Norbert Gignac.
Monthly meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month beginning with mass at 7:00 p.m. Our ladies contribute to the life of the church, family and community. Our main fundraisers are the bazaar, bake sales, raffle and a card party. We provide educational awards, and support family assistance, food banks, our parish schools, local charities and missions abroad.
For inquiries about membership contact:
We invite all Catholic women 16 years and older to journey with us in a sisterhood of faith, fun, and fulfillment.
For more information about the Catholic Women’s League:
Facebook – The Catholic Women’s League of Canada
Twitter - @CWLNational